Well, my recovery is still going well. I have lost about 20lbs. so far. I will have an official number tomorrow. This is when I will have my surgery follow-up appt with my doc. It hasn't been so bad. I am not hungry ever. But this is what I really, really miss. I miss the taste & texture of food. I want to eat everything but if I tried I know I wouldn't be able to.
Today I got to move on to full liquids, not just clear liquids. It was a nice change but my first attempt at a smoothie was a bust! It tasted good until the protein powder after taste kicked in. Then it was blech! And I made myself feel too full tonight. After trying to drink the nasty smoothie and giving it up I ate a yogurt instead. I ate too much of the smoothie I guess to enjoy the yogurt.
Oh well! Another day tomorrow right?
We had friends over tonight joining us for dinner. It was nice! The Harmon's and Jan Windish. The kids played and played, the adults talked and talked. Matt grilled burgers outside and it was a beautiful spring evening. (Despite the millions of fruit flies that have taken over my home! Anyone know how to get rid of them???)

No comments:
Post a Comment